Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I have been drawing, honest.....

........but so far nothing is "singing" to me or compelling me to digitize it. I started doodling a bunny, but something went horribly wrong with his feet. Apparently I have trouble drawing any feet, not just the human variety. So I need to practice drawing them until I am relatively comfortable drawing them. Which means I end up with pages and pages of deformed looking feet. No one wants to use them on a card (trust me ya don't). Usually when I get ok at drawing one thing, I stumble into something else that has me frazzled, (ie hands, eyes, the list goes on and on!). I do however, enjoy practicing. I especially love when I draw something and it looks on paper how I envision it in my head. It doesn't happen often, so when it does, I smile.
On another note, I had a fantastic day yesterday, wanna know why? Two reasons, 1) Because I could sit on my porch in the sun with a sweatshirt on (without getting cold) and draw outside! It was marvelous!!! The birds were chirping, squirrels were doing cute squirrel things, and random people would walk by, and I would try to sketch them :) Most of em look a little wonky, but I don't care, it was fun and I enjoyed it thoroughly. The second reason is, I lost 2.4 pounds yesterday! I was totally and completely stoked, that's right, stoked! I felt so great about the weight loss that I added more strength training exercises to my Wii Fit Rountine. Today I am feeling the results of the lunge and side lunge. Those particular exercises are EVIL! Truly, completely EVIL! Which makes me a little sadistic to keep them in the line up, but there they stay. I am curious to see if I can "beat" them. Basically torture my muscles until doing said exercises no longer hurts. Time will tell who will win that contest lol.

Lastly, I have a question to anyone out there that has used software called Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2010, is it any good? I have heard good things about it, but I don't know anyone that has actually used it. I'm curious to know if it's worth it's $100 price tag.

6 comments:

  1. WOO HOO for the 2.4 loss girl :D isn't it wonderful to be able to get outside in nice weather? we are having beautiful days here also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just noticed your new blinkie.... fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i've been having a mental block on my drawing too. i need inspiration and nothing is tickling my fancy. i soooooooooo can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't the sun and a little warmer weather do wonders for our minds. 8)
    Congrats on the weight loss.....way to go girl!!!
    Maybe your little bunnies could be a cameo in a circle or egg shape.....no feet needed. Come to think of it the feet on a bunny are a bit deformed looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear from you whether or not you have an image finished, Dawn. I come here, because I like to follow your blog, not just because you have fab images. :)

    Way to go on the weight loss and added exercise!!! You're making great changes in yourself.

    Sounds like such a nice day outside for you. Spring is still being slow to arrive here in Florida. It was only 63* here today, which is at least 15* below what it should be. Talked to my sis in northern Michigan & it was 60* there. There's something wrong when there's only a 3* difference between northern Michigan & the coast of central Florida. lol

    ReplyDelete