Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I haven't been posting.....

**Edited to add: I worked out for 57 minutes and feel great. The 1.8 pound weight gain from yesterday was cancelled out by the 1.8 pound weight loss today!! WOOT! I sweated like a pig and actually enjoyed it :) **

.....not much at least. How long has it been since you heard me mention anything about weight loss? Awhile, I know. I have a confession to make, I haven't been working out. It's been 3 weeks. I weighed in yesterday just to see. I gained 1.8 pounds. So I worked out. Sorta. Ok, ok it was this half assed attempt at working out...........Let me just stop me right there, I just wrote and deleted a whole paragraph filled with excuses and BS. I don't know why I stopped exercising. I just know that I need to start back up again. I need to motivate myself to "just do it", JUST DO IT! Positivity is key, it trumps negativity every time. So instead of making excuses and blathering on about how I was depressed about blah blah and blah, I am going to make a list. This is a list of things I have been a positive result of working out and losing weight:
1. My back pain was gone, completely gone
2. My feet didn't hurt, at all
3. I slept better than ever
4. I was happier
5. Quick to laugh
6. I smiled more
7. I didn't get winded with the simplest of activities
8. My clothes fit better
9. My outlook was brighter
10. I could do lunges without cursing!!

In my quest for keeping this post and my outlook positive I would just like to let you know, that as soon as I hit the "Publish Post" button, I am going to exercise. I will let you know how it went :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day.

11 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Just keep thinking of those 10 statements and try to do a little each day. You can do it!

    p.s. Used one of your adorable images on a mother's day card and posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! A positive outlook is wonderful and you will do it! (now come over here and kick my butt a little- would ja?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep going strong! you have many good results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep those positive things in your mind Dawn, and best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! Keep it up!! It's so easy to just make excuses than to do it! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl!!!

    It's my second week dieting and I feel great :)
    I still have to get into the workout routine but I'm happier now.

    My legs hurt a lot with the heat going up towards Summer, but I hope I can lose some more weight in these months.

    A big hug from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep at er' girl, its all worth it trust me I lost 50lbs so happy I did but it was a long road to get here and barely felt worth it till the bitter end. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know how much these comments mean to me!! Thank you all for the kind words of support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Dawn! Congrats on getting back on the exercise wagon! :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi !
    I´ve looked through your great blog and I found some great free digi-stamps. Thank you so very much !
    Lots of hugs from Petra
    ( in Sweden )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great,you must be positive:)
    I have an award for you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete